WHAT IS A NARRATIVE ESSAY EXAMPLE?

 A narrative essay is a type of essay that tells a story. It can be about any subject, but is often personal or anecdotal in nature. The story is typically told from the perspective of the writer, and may include dialogue and descriptions of characters, settings, and events.

WHAT IS A NARRATIVE ESSAY EXAMPLE?
WHAT IS A NARRATIVE ESSAY EXAMPLE?

Here is an example of a narrative essay:


Title: "My First Day of High School"


I remember my first day of high school like it was yesterday. I was so nervous and excited at the same time. I had spent the summer before high school preparing for this moment, buying new clothes and school supplies, and practicing my locker combination.


I woke up early that morning and put on my favorite outfit: a pair of blue jeans and a white t-shirt with a rainbow on the front. I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door, trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach.


When I arrived at school, I saw a group of kids standing outside the main entrance. They all looked so confident and self-assured, like they had been going to high school for years. I felt a surge of fear and insecurity, but I pushed it aside and joined the group.


We walked into the school together and I followed them to the main office, where we got our schedules and locker assignments. I was assigned to locker number 567, which was on the second floor near the math classrooms. I memorized the combination and headed to my first class: English.


The English classroom was packed with students, and I had to squeeze my way to an empty seat near the back of the room. The teacher, Mrs. Jones, was a tall woman with short, curly hair and a warm smile. She welcomed us to the class and handed out our first assignment: a personal narrative essay.


I felt a surge of excitement and anxiety at the same time. I had always been a good writer, but the thought of writing about myself was intimidating. I didn't know what to write about or how to start.


But as I listened to Mrs. Jones explain the assignment and give us some examples, I began to feel more confident. I started brainstorming ideas and jotting down notes in my notebook. By the end of the class, I had a clear idea of what I wanted to write about: my first day of high school.


Over the next few days, I worked on my essay, pouring my heart and soul into it. I wrote about my feelings of nervousness and excitement, my struggles to find my locker and fit in with the other students, and my hopes and dreams for the future.


When I finished my essay, I felt proud of what I had accomplished. I had captured the essence of my first day of high school in a way that was personal and honest. I handed it in to Mrs. Jones and waited anxiously for her feedback.


A few days later, Mrs. Jones returned my essay with a glowing review. She praised my writing style and the honesty of my story. She said it was one of the best personal narratives she had ever read from a freshman.


I felt a sense of accomplishment and pride. I had overcome my fear and insecurity to write a successful narrative essay about my first day of high school. It was a defining moment for me, and I knew that I was ready for the challenges and opportunities that high school would bring.

Comments